BEVERLY, Mass (January 22) — CSP Magazine’s annual Top 101 Convenience Stores listing is an industry-wide undertaking, ranking companies by total store count. This year all of the Top Five C-Stores and seven of the Top 10 companies are clients of The Nexxus Group®.
In compiling the list, CSP wrote: “The real story, of course, are the record profits, low gas prices and, most important for the purpose of ranking chains by store count, convenience multiples [that] made running c-stores—and apparently selling or buying them—all the rage.”
The Top Five C-Stores are 7-Eleven, Couche-Tard/Circle K, Speedway, Casey’s General Stores and CST Brands/Corner Store. No. 7 Murphy USA and the No. 9 grouping of Turkey Hill, Kwik Shop, Quik Stop and Loaf ‘N Jug of the Kroger Convenience Store Division complete our representation in the Top 10.
Six more Nexxus Group client C-Stores ranked in the Top 20 – GPM Investments (11th), Wawa (14th), Kum and Go (T-17th), Kwik Trip (T-17th), Sheetz (19th) and Holiday Station Stores (20th). That’s an impressive 13 of the Top 20, representing more than 27,000 individual doors.
Our clients demonstrate their dedication to serving the public’s needs every day. Whether you’re fueling up, grabbing the newspaper or a cup of Joe for the long drive ahead of you, seeking a healthy snack, or swapping out a propane grill tank, chances are you’ve visited one of them.
“I am so proud of our team and of the services we are able to provide all of our clients. It is The Nexxus Group’s privilege to serve all of the top five companies, and seven of the top 10, on this very prestigious list,” says Nexxus CEO Mark Landgren.
A glance at our client C-Stores in the CSP Top 10:
- 7-Eleven: The Company operates, franchises and licenses approximately 8,600 convenience stores in the U.S. and Canada. Of the close to 7,800 stores the company operates and franchises in the United States, more than 6,400 are franchised.
- Couche-Tard/Circle K: The new, global convenience brand Circle K brand will replace Couche-Tard’s existing Circle K®, Statoil®, Mac’s® and Kangaroo Express® branding at more than 7,200 locations across Canada and the USA.
- Speedway: Speedway LLC is a subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC). It owns and operates the third-largest c-store chain in North America, with approximately 2,750 stores in 22 states.
- Casey’s General Stores: The Company operates approximately 1,900 convenience stores in the Midwest, primarily in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Kansas and Nebraska.
- CST Brands/Corner Store: The Corner Store family is spread across 25 U.S. states and six Canadian provinces, It has locations in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa and includes Nice N Easy Grocery Shoppes in Upstate New York.
- Murphy USA: The company operates approximately 1,300 gas stations throughout the Midwest and South, most in proximity to Walmart locations.
- Kroger Convenience Store Division: The Kroger Co. currently operates 786 convenience stores in 19 states, under six banners.
About CSP Magazine
CSP magazine and its award-winning editorial team have covered the convenience and petroleum retailing industry for 20 years, consistently at the forefront of the day’s critical issues and trends. CSP reaches every retail chain’s key buyers as well as high-volume, one to 10-store independent operators in the $682 billion convenience retailing industry. For more information visit CSP Magazine.
About The Nexxus Group®
Established in 2003, The Nexxus Group provides the industry’s leading full-service Scan Based Trading (SBT) suite and is a trusted business solutions and services partner at more than 65,000 locations for more than 90 retailers in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. We deliver innovative, cost effective SBT solutions to retailers and suppliers by providing data exchange, sales and margin reporting, consolidated billing and world-class customer service. Our clients report more efficient and effective management of product categories while increasing sales and lowering costs in the supply chain. Customers include market leaders in the Convenience, Grocery, Mass Merchant, Discount and Specialty Retailer industries as well as National CPG Suppliers. We support retailers and manufacturing partners in categories such as Bakery, Propane, Books, DVDs, Snacks, Novelties, Magazines and Newspapers.
For more information visit The Nexxus Group
Kevin Doyle, Web Content Editor / 1.978.993.7044 / email@example.com